RCI Pro with height and slew (PME500)
Combining a full range of safety functions to enable full control and traceability over your machine’s functions.
RCI Pro with height and slew limiter shares much of its functionality with its counterpart, RCI Pro with the exception of increased control over the height and slewing movement of the machine. The system combines functions found in conventional RCI (Rated capacity indicators) and height and slew limiters into one integrated cost-effective safety solution.
This system checks the machine’s movement relative to these pre-determined exclusion or “safe” zones and warns the operator when approaching any limit set. In addition to this, the system also monitors the machine’s movement, warning the operator should the machine's stability be compromised within pre-defined height or slew limit.
Fully engineered for compatibility with all major manufacturers, the system maximises productivity while maintaining strict control over the safety of the machine. The system will also provide full logging of operation and driver behaviour for later retrieval.
The system is offered in two variants, indication only and actual limitation depending on your requirements. The later variant (often referred to as a rated capacity limiter or RCL), uses 'motion cuts' to physically limit the machine hydraulics from surpassing a pre-defined envelope or allowing the machine to operate beyond its maximum safe working load (SWL). With load, height and slew control combined, the system can meet the most stringent safety requirements on all construction sites.
For more information, please read the RCI Pro with height/slew user manual.
Equally, if you're already looking to purchase a system, please find a distributor using the link below or contact us for more bespoke requirements.
Load control throughout the machine's working envelope
Fits any equipment with virtually no hardware change
Full utilisation of capacity through the lifting and slewing range
Easily upgraded to include guidance functions
Options to monitor cab and depth as well as reach and slew
Compatible with OEM designs and load charts
- Audible alarm
- Real-time lifting capacity displayed through the range
- Actual load on hook displayed during lift
- Real-time machine position monitored giving immediate warning of approach to limit
- Audible and visual alarm at or near limits (load, slew and height)
- Full data logging of all actions including alarms and limit warnings
- Displays safe movement options when at or near limits
- Override for supervisors on screen
- Simple or complex height limits can be set to match working profile (e.g. tunnels)
- Context-specific icons display status on screen
- Multiple duties possible allowing maximisation of lift envelope (up to eight without extra hardware)
- External keyswitch
- Multiple tool options possible allowing variance of load charts with tools
- Telescoping boom inputs
- Multiple and complex boom configurations possible (may need software changes)
- Alternative language files selectable
- Upgrades to include 2D machine control (guidance)
- Alternative angle sensor inputs possible )
- Failsafe variants
- Upgrade to ALO working off track (Network Rail standards) with appropriate safe systems of work (consult JF Prolec prior to implementing ALO off track work)
- Control on depth, maximum and minimum radius plus complex cab protection available
- Full cab protection including complex shapes and movements possible
- Hydraulic control on movement at limit